HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to load a deer on a suv by yourself?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
MACHINIST
Spike

Default How to load a deer on a suv by yourself?

I have a chevy s-10 blazer and as I was hunting last night,I got to wondering how I would load a deer on the roof rack by myself.I dont have a trailer hitch for my tailgator so thats out and I am not going to spend the 100 bucks to get one for it.I usualy hunt with other people or within a easy driving distance to go and get somebody,but I am starting to hunt more and more by myself and farther away from anyone that could help me if I needed it.So how do you guys do it?I thought about getting a tarp and zip tying it to the luggage rack so I could pull the deer up and over from the other side of the truck with a couple of ropes so the tarp wouldact like a slippery surface,but that sounds like it wouldnt work that well.I am not worried about scratching the truck so dont let that stop you from telling me a secret loading option.I cant load the deer on the hood either because I drive 1 1/2 hours to where I am hunting.Thanks