HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - being married and hunting
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 12:59 PM
SCRIDER1
Fork Horn

Default Those with fiancees beware!

Awarning to you boys with fiancees. These little ladies can be all happy and supportive of your hunting now, while they are trying to get that ring on their finger, and suddenly feel completely different about it once the "I do's" are said. I've seen it happen. Furthermore, women are plotters and planners. They can render you virtually incapable of deer hunting before you know it if you arent careful. If you dont pay attention they'll plan your wedding day for opening day of deer season (its just one year, right?). Then, a couple years later they'll start getting frisky in February and you'll think you are king stud of the neighborhood, only to find out nine months later you've got a deer season baby and 18 years of deer seasonbirthdays to work around. And then what's worse is you'll fall for again the next February. And the next. Then, of course, the women who always volunteer to plan class reunions always plan them for when? You guessed it. You'll skip yours, but you'll by gosh be going to hers with her. If you think its just bad luck that your college homecoming always seems to fall on opening day, you're wrong. And then there's all the other poor saps who get suckered into deer season weddings, which you have to attend..on Saturdays. All day. And of course your sweet little wife, who attends church every Sunday rightly points out that the man should be the spiritual leader of his family. And those Sunday school get-togethers always get planned for when?And somehow wives find holidays, and the days before holidays, to be a little more special than us men do. Then, of course, if all else fails there can suddenly be weird noisescoming from her caror rumors about peeping toms in the neighborhood. You think I'm kidding, but I know three guys right now who are lucky to squeeze in 3 or 4 half-days of hunting a season. Oh yeah, after a while those mounts don't go with your decor anymore, either.
Am I right, Cardeer?
LOL!