HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscut
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 11:02 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whisker Biscut

It's a great rest.

I too started to get some waves in thevanes but I readjusted it and even that seems to begone now. If you get good quality vanes (I don't but I will) it should not be a problem. I have noticed that the biscuit really likes the arrows at 90deg to the string, nice and level. I also noticed that the center shot must be perfectand the rest level too. It also seems to work the best with a perfect even tiller as well.

After I readjusted it...well I actually took off the drop tine and put back on the originalmodel (the one with the straight bar)with the quick shot biscuit. I like that one the most because it has more of anadjustment range than either the drop-tine or Deluxemodels do. Plus it's much more compact and lighter than the other two.

Anyway, I put the original back on and adjusted it for a perfect center shot and adjusted the height for a perfect level arrow and made sure the biscuit itself was not tilting. The bow was already set with an even tiller. I then paper tuned it and I had perfect bullet holes. I sighted it in again at 20, 30, and 40 yards and the arrows are flying perfect. Tested the G5 Montec broadheadsand they were right on.

What I didn't notice was any more fletching wave. Like I said my vanes were starting to show signs of waving (not bad) but I shot at leastone hundered plus shots today and they did not get any worse. When I refletch I will go with either the Flex Fletch or Vane-tec V-Max vanes.

The most important thing though is getting it set up right. I did it myself and it took me about 20min from the installation of the rest to the first arrow through paper.

If you do that you will really enjoy this rest. The best thing about it is once it's set....it's set. No more adjustment will be needed. One less thing to worry about. You will lose about 1-3 fps (not much at all) just make sure the arrow has room in the rest. You should see some light around 3/4 of the arrow, there is a guide on the back of the packaging showing how it should look. I have noticed absolutely no difference in accuracy from when I used other rests in the past.

It is well worth the money and IMO the best hunting rest on the market today.