HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federally controlled hunting!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 09:14 AM
slee
Typical Buck

Default RE: Federally controlled hunting!!!!!

Hey Blacklab, here is a copy of the letter I sent Maria Cantwell last week. This letter writing stuff isn't hard at all, but it gets the comments to where they will be most effective. If you don't have time to get involved, you can help by sending e-mails.

"I would like to take a moment to thank you for your service to the
state of Washington and to our country. I am contacting you concerning Senate Bill 1655. As a sportsman, I do not agree with the federal government controlling game laws and wildlife management on a broad scale. That should be the job of the state wildlife boilogists and state game and fish departments. While this bill in it's original form is directed at banning hunts within enclosures and on exotic game, it opens the door through the amendment process to allow the federal government to dictate game management throughout the United States. This would undermind the systems that have been functioning fabulously for decades. It also allows the anti-hunting movement to concentrate their funds and efforts on the federal level without having to move state by state, making the process more succeptible to special interest money. Please don't allow the
management of our state to be taken away from our agencies. Vote No on SB1655.

Sincerely,

Robert S. Lee"

Hunt hard, live right, and tell your kids you love 'em!