HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federally controlled hunting!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 10:14 AM
jedale12

Default RE: Federally controlled hunting!!!!!

I agree with everyone that this Bill is bad news.

Although I don't really see any of the co-sponsers voting no on the Bill I will send my rep (Cantwell -- didn't vote for her) an e-mail anyways.

I will say though that the federal government does not currently only "intervene" in widlife management issues as Slee said, but they manage them. Look at the grizzly bear and wolf. The feds have required the states of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming to take over the management of the wolf (by the end of 2003 I believe) as the populations have grown enough that the species does not warrant federal protection.

The states are saying screw you we didn't want them here in the first place and we don't have the resources to manage them but the feds are making the states take over anyways.

I read an article that said Wyoming wanted to declare the wolve a trophy in some parts of the state and predator in other parts, meaning it could be killed anytime. Feds said no. Its like what in the heck do you want, the state to mange wildlife or the fed. government? Just ticks me off.

With this Bill the federal goverment is talking out both sides of its mouth.

If you guys haven't check out the below link

http://www.outdoorpressroom.com/