HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DIESEL VS GAS
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 08:51 AM
JeepinHunter

Default RE: DIESEL VS GAS

i'm not tryin to be picky here but i would like to clarify a few things. the "jake brake" that "out for the kill" speaks of on his dodge is much diferent than the jake brake on semis that you may hear goin down the road.they operate very differently. he ,in fact, has an "exhaust brake".very different in function.also there is no such thing as a "dayna 80" transmission. thefive speed that dodge puts behind their cummins motor is called an NV4500.and yesit is far superior to the 47re(auto) that they have. however i know many guys that toast the clutches on those things aswell. the "dayna 80" the he talked about is actually the rear axle. the DANA-SPICER corporation has supplied axles to many manufacturers and the axle that the dodge has is one of their biggest light truck axles. it is the DANA 80. my Grandpa has as 05 duramax with the allison. we love that thing. i am a member of rocky top trail riders and we make several trips throughout the year. we all have different makes and models. there are two dodges with the cummins, one of them is modified pretty well. a couple of powerstrokes and only one duramax. thats my grandpas.*(he is kind enough to let me borrow it) and when we tow our rigs to the trails, the duramax outpulls all the rest of them. the dodges certainly have the torque but the tranny just cant hang. the ford have the same problem. but the allison doesn't even break a sweat. also in "acceleration tests" among us, the duramax outperforms all of them. sorry this was so long but as you may be able to tell, i love trucks. but not as much as my jeep.