HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
dvdegeorge
Typical Buck

Default RE: Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Unless you live on the property,I suggest you lock everything down. We had the same problem at my buddies land. Well over 100 acres, all of it posted. It's sad, but true there are scums out there that know they can sell this stuff. We now lock and etch our NY license number on the stands.
Great idea,but doesn't work!It just causes me to have a stand stolen and the lock and chain cut with bolt cutters!There are Aholes that rome the woods making note of where locked stands are and then they return later with bolt cutters and go"shopping" for treestands[:@].Etching your name or # will only help if you find your stand some where down the road,but thats highly unlikely.A buddy had 3 of the large 2 person ladder stands and a cam tracker stolen fromHIS property in SE Pa. last week! all brand new only up for a week!Those ladder stands take 2 people to carry them and they took all 3 and drug them almost a mile!We could all do without these scumbags in the woods,but it's not just confinded to the woods they are through out society!Good luck to all and stay safe(excepting the scumbags may they fall from their plunders and lay alone suffering on the cold hard earth!)