HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SHOULD THE HUNTER TIP A GUIDE?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 06:35 PM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SHOULD THE HUNTER TIP A GUIDE?

James thank you for your input but I respectfully disargree .. First of all I have always hunted out of a ground tent blind when in Canada so not a lot of effort in setting one up ... Secondly when it comes to gutting and capeing if you read most web sites of the outfitters they make a point to show that the price of the hunt includes this service along with preparing the meat for shipping although with all the hassle you get going through Customs Ive always left my meat and donated it ..... Thirdly lodging and meals are included in most WT deer hunts in Canada and is explained that way on the outfillers web site..Im not saying all do but I think you will find most are all inclusive ...Forth when you hunt Alberta there is no baiting so that is not a service provided although I do know that is something that happends in Saskatchawan ...Fifth this ain't the Big Game forum ...I am sure that when hunting big game the guide does a LOT more work then most of the guides for a WT deer hunt in Alberta or at least from what I have seen frommy four trips there... Saskatchawan might be a little different .... I think tiping a guide on a big game hunt would be like tiping a waiter after a four course meal ( well deserved )... and tiping a guide on a WT deer hunt in Alberta (in most cases) is like giving a tip at a buffett ... and just to clearify these guides are not looking for a $20.00 or a $50.00 tip they expect a $100.00 or more for a tip ...and so does the cook ..again James I respect your opinion its just that I disagree ..

DD