HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SHOULD THE HUNTER TIP A GUIDE?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Default RE: SHOULD THE HUNTER TIP A GUIDE?

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Champlain I can appreciate your gester on an Elk or Bouhunt where the guide it with you most every miniute of the hunting day and with all the walking and work that is involved with Elk or Bouhunting ... but when someone just drives you to a blind and ..lets you out ...you set for 11 hrs and then he pics you up ....well anyway like I said I could be wrong ....

DD
Doc you do make a good point. It probably will never get to that because I wouldn't be hunting anything where a guide would drop me off in a stand then go back to the cabin. My personal standards are to hunt, track, spot and try to harvest all game. The only guides I have any experience with is the guys up in NL at Snowshoe Lake. They all participate and interact with all the guys in camp. After I harvest we usually go back the next day and either pack it out or get it with an argo if possible. I always give the other guides a few bucks for helping with my animal. The outfitter retrieves all game by the agreement but I always insist on being part of the party. It is a good way to see more game and get to know some of the other guides and it is a blast. I can tell you from experience that they really do appreciate the tips and I enjoy giving them.