HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bitz. Jig Question
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 12:43 PM
utah300rum

Default RE: Bitz. Jig Question

Big bulls,

That was a concernI had about the graylinguntil I found a Bitz in another shop and was dissapointed at the quality of it. Maybe it was just the one I saw,I am hopeing it was just a fluke. Iopened the box to look at it. The "V" area that hold the arrowarea was extremely! rough and still had the line from it beingcast right where the arrow would sit. There were grinding marks down in the "V" but they were very rough and missed what I assume they were trying to smooth out.The edge of the clamp looked like it had been ground with a very rough grinding wheel and the edges were not even. The one side of the clamp was off by about a 1/16" of an inch!!!!!. The edge looked more like a serrated knife than anything else. I laid it on the shelfand it only touchedabout1/4" on each end and i could see daylight all thru the middle. I really hope it was just the one I saw, because I dont think anyone could have made a fletch stick with that thing.

I pointed it out to the guy at the shop and he was also a little worried. It was the only one he had so he pulled it off the shelf and said he was sending it back. He said they are usually a little rough but nothing like that. He showed me a usedolder one and it looked much better. He did say that the older ones did come with a lot better finish, the newer ones seem to come a little rough. He thinks it the old "time is money" thing and they dont spend as muchtime cleaning up the cast lines and finishing them like they used to. I am going to wait until I can see a few more Bitz. and see if they are better looking. That last one I would have had to spend an hour or socleaning up the edges on the jig and I think that clamp was beyond help.