HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Don't expect this advice all the time during a contest.

A nusery is the correct place you need to ask. You have two choices in my book. You can go there as a customer buying plants. If it's open to the public have you scouted it yet? Are there a lot of deer signs? All you need to look for are tracks and leaves missing around a perfect feed from the surrounding woods. If you see signsask if the deer are a nuisence. If it's a whole sale place then I'm sure they are a problem so just be direct.

Chances are that they are a problem and explain you bow hunt only. That you can be very discrete if it's a business day or only hunt on closed days. Don't be surprised if they mention damage tags. Also don't worry about it if it's the wife. I've found they watch the dollars as much as if not more then the men. They really want the deer gone if they are there.

I have other tips for you but you'll need to figure them out on you own, because it could mean a chance at the big boy. I wish you luck. It can be some of your best hunting.