HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm lost....need help!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:49 PM
AR34

Default RE: I'm lost....need help!

As far as your sight pins being fully extended/bottomed out, the one thing you can adjust is your peep, if you shoot one (and you should). Move the peepUP the string towards the idler wheel and you'll be able to bring your pin assembly up. However, the first priority is YOU and your COMFORT in anchoring. You should be able to anchor and look directly through your peep withoutstraining. Make the bow fit YOU, not the other way around. Do this; invite an archery buddy over and grab your bow. Close your eyes and drawyour bow, anchoring in the most natural and comfortable place on your face. Have your buddy mark two places on the drawn bowstring; where your (closed)eyemeets the string and also where the corner of your mouth meets it. Then install and/or moveeither of those to those marked pointsand you'reon your way to a soild anchor point. If this fails to aliveate the sight-pin-picture-ordeal, you'll just have to deal with it. 40 yards is a long ways anyway, at least if you're just starting out. Hope I've helped.