HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Stringleeches flew off!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 10:04 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Stringleeches flew off!!!

The old ones are not durable for sure, the Kevlar are MUCH better, but even then I have found that the lack of durability on the originals is worth it to me. They may not last as long but I've found leeches to work better than a normal size pair of whiskers on my setups, unless I put 2 or 3 sets of whiskers together on each end (and lose 10 FPS in the process).

I have found on certain strings, Hoyt and some other non-twist design strings especially, they will fly out on occasion..the whole thing...I tie them in on those strings when I install them now. It seems that the more vibration there is in the string, the more often this occurs, which obviously makes sense. I ahve not had the need to tie them in on my bows w/ WC strings, though I have had them fly apart (like "normal&quot. I've had a set of the Kevlars on my BKII for about 2 months now, not tied in, with no problems or fly aparts.

Leeches and Limbsavers are 2 products I personally can't live without (at least til something better comes out)

jeffB