HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off topic but want objective opinions on this.....
Old 09-15-2005, 06:34 AM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Off topic but want objective opinions on this.....

First of all as long as it doesn't have an engine it should be covered under his auto policy. Second even though it isentirely hisfault, I still can't help but think you guys should split it. It sucks but you all borrowed it together and regardless of who tore it up you should all be responsible. If the guy was out in a field doing doughnuts or something then i would agree with you. But he was trying to get you guys home and he made a mistake (like we all do when driving). It could have been that another vehicle swirved in front of him and he had to swirve and hit the rock, would you guys have helped him then? If so then where exactly is that line that distinguishes just how much at fault the driver has to be before he is solely responsible andwho makes the determination of what the "cut-off" percentage is and who makes the determination of what the driver's actual amount of fault is in this instance? I am sure you guys don't want to spend the additional $$$$ but it is the right thing to do IMO. I am sure the guy didn't do it intentionally, he made a mistake. How would you feel if you had made a mistake and the others decided to bail on you and leave you holding the bill. It wouldn't be a good feeling. Like someone else said, legally it's the drivers responsibility to pay for it but morally it's everyones. I truely believethat is what I would do.