HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread
Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
PAhunterJEN

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

Got my bow back yesterday. It's now at 55 lbs. We had it up to 58 but decided it would be a little tough on a cold morning. It's definitely a little more powerful as the arrows are penetrating a bit deeper into the target. I noticed I was shooting a bit high so I aimed a bit lower. I was getting decent groups but I knew I had to adjust my sites. Today I adjust the sites and things seemed pretty good. I noticed I am still 'torqueing' the bow but it's definitely not as much as before. I keep pulling slightly to the left (don't forget I shoot left-handed). I've been careful with the wrist holding the bow so now I'm wondering if I'm doing something with my release - such as pulling the string towards me. I will check this out tomorrow. I'm pretty confident with my shooting (almost always in the kill zone) but I need to get my groups more consistent.
Now I gotta go shopping for some lightweight camo clothes.... Being on a low budget means you gotta wear 'em until they wear out. LOL They're getting a little too faded....