HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Final bow decision
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
TimDevlin

Default RE: Final bow decision

I understand what you are saying completely. A different topic I aggreed that Mathews is a name that you pay for. The problem is that I can't find a local dealer around me that has any quality bows at a cheap price. I have a Dick Sporting Goods that sells the Parker Buckhunter...but I want to avoid the dual cam. Everything else they have is garbage, nothing that is on their website. I drove for an hour and a half yesterday (cause of traffic, not distance...22 miles) to go to a place tha had the same thing. Very nice store, but only expensive bows. I just found out that there is another shop that I will go to today nearby. They aren't in the paper, but the mathews site list them as a dealer. I called, and they are a full up and running shop. Guy said he has some bows on sale...so we will see.
I just need a bow that will last me a good amount of time. I don't mind spending money on a quality product (not that a $400 bow isn't one...just dont have any around me) so long as it will last a while. So hopefully I can get a good bow there and if not, it'll have to be a Mathews or HunterFriend.

Thanks.
Tim