HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would like some input on shotguns
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:05 PM
longrifle1000

Default RE: Would like some input on shotguns

Right now I would not have any use for a 3 1/2" chamber. I used to have an 870 express mag that shot 3" shells. They were unpleasant enough to shoot. But, I want to cover all options and possibilties in the future. Right now the only shotgun hunting I am doing is with a .410 and a 20 ga.Except my slug gun which can only fire slugs. But I will be starting to hunt geese this year, and possibly turkeys in the future. I am really starting to lean towards the 870 and the Nova. Shoot anything out of them no problem. And they are a fraction of the cost of the others. And slug barrels are available in either one, if I ever get rid of my current slug gun. I didn't include any O/U guns, because I never have really liked them. I have owned 2, a Beretta 686 Onyx and a Winchester expert ( I beleive that is what it was called). Never really liked either one. The Beretta was definitely a better gun though. It just didn't feel good to carry and shoulder it. Thanks for your input Vapodog. It is much appreciated.