HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - considering getting into bow hunting, need help with gear
Old 09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
utah300rum

Default RE: considering getting into bow hunting, need help with gear

Bowtech fan,

I shot all three diamond bows. I did not like the triumph, mainly I just do not like real short bows. Had one in the past and it was a disaster. The Rapture felt and shot great. I was worried a little about the ATA only being 33". I shot a demo bow that was not tuned up they just threw on a rest and sight and eyeballed the set up. At 20 yard I started to hit arrows, ruined a few of the pro shops fletchings.
The Victory Solitare wasa littlefaster than the Rapture but both were very smooth to shoot with very little had shock. The Rature was in my price range the Solitare was not but honestly I really fell in love with the Rapture. I shot the Triumph once or twice but once I shot the Rapture I was sold. TheRapture I shot did have a wood grip instead of the black rubber one. I shot one earlier with the rubber grip and the wood was a much better fit for me.

I went in to buy the Rapture and they were sold out or I would own one now. I just happened across my Extreme at the same price and could not pass it up. I have not talked to anyone who owns or that has just even shot a Rapture and was not impressed. I would get the Raptue over the Triumph any day but I am biased against short ATA bows.