HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - considering getting into bow hunting, need help with gear
Old 09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
utah300rum

Default RE: considering getting into bow hunting, need help with gear

Iwould stay away from the Baby G #5it would not be a great first bow. It has a pretty short brace height. The other two if you look are almost identicle because PSE makes all Browning bows.

I would recommend you get you bow from a local pro shop so they can set it up for you. There is alot to setting up a bow with peep location draw length many things you will not get when purchasing one over the internet. The money you save by getting one over the internet will most likely get eaten up quickly and two foldwhen you need help and advice. Nothing is more frustrating that when you cant get a new bow shoot right or even an old bow for that matter.

I see further down three bows I really like when I shot them #7, 10 and 11. The Diamond #11 would be my first choice wiht the Tomkat as my secong choice. But I would again highly recommend seeing what you can get locally, the support you get is worth more than you could save.