HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got it Done
Thread: Got it Done
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 01:04 PM
njbuck22
Nontypical Buck

Default Got it Done

The NJ season started this morning, so where else would i be but in a tree. It started to get light alittle after 6 and by 6:15 i could see the pins. Just as i was thinking it was all going to come together, a massive flock of birds landed in the trees near me and were making all sorts of noise. I started thinking to myself that they were going to scare every deer off for miles, but thank god the left as soon as they came. Right after they left, at about 6:20, i could see some legs coming down the trail, so i stand up and her they come, three does. In NJ you have to harvest a doe before you can take a buck, so it was game time. I picked the biggest of the three and waited, and waited and waited. Finally, after 15 minutes, she came into range, but she knew something wasnt right, she was behind a tree when i came to full draw, but then got real skittish. She started to walk away and then turned around and came back. I knew it was now or never, so i placed my pin on the boiler room and let it fly at a slightly quartering away shot. It hit the mark and she only made it about 40 yards before she piled up, double lung shot. A done deal by 6:36. My buddy was on the other side of this small field, so he saw the entire thing live. I was pumped but it wasnt over. At 7:14, a doe and a spike walked past him and he let her have it, she only made it about 30 yards. So all in all it was a great morning, two friends spending time together and two nice does. Now its time for a BBQ and a cold one to celebrate. Funny thing is, this is my first time hunting this spot, but my buddy knows this area like the back of his hand and he told me this morning when we were driving there, "If we dont have 2 does by 7:30, something is seriously wrong" Man you got to love when a plan comes together. Now that the Doe is out of the way, Bring on Big Daddy!