HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where to PrarieDog hunt?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:46 PM
SuperMagnum

Default RE: Where to PrarieDog hunt?

Anywhere in western nebraska or Sd will have them. Like everyone said, you will be benchrest all day as there's soo many all over. I don't know what the fee is at the Pine Ridge and Rosebud reservation, but I passed through both on my way home from shooting in Neb and there were dogs all over, even in the front yards of the houses, in town, etc so you shouldn't have any problems finding a spot there and may be worth looking into. Also, like everyone said, just drive around looking for dog towns and go to the owner's house and ask them or go to the gas station or coffee shop and I guarantee you they will almost always say go ahead as I haven't gotten a no yet and even tell you of more spots. Illinois hunter, I got you beat, the first time I went out to Neb near the Sd border I found a huge town and I and my buddy ended up shooting up all our ammo of 250 rounds each in just 4 hours, yes there were that many and dumb to boot. The second time, we went for 3 days and shot up 650 rounds each as it slowed down in the hot summer. I wish there were PDs in Iowa, however, there aren't, otherwise I would have slayed them all by now hehe.

P.S. you will have a blast, I know I did.