HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on draw lengths:
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question on draw lengths:

There are a lot of excellent bows on the market, at wallet choking prices. Back off down the price scale and you can still get very good bows for a lot less money. The Hoyt MagnaTec with command cams and ZR200 limbs is what I always wind up recommending as a best buy, but even it is pricier than it used to be. There are a lot of Hoyt bows that draw 31" and more, but they tend to be pricey.

There is also Hoyt's Reflex mail order line that Cabelas and Bass Pro carries. Reflex is basically older Hoyt designs that are being recycled under the Reflex name for decent prices.

Martin has a lot of very good bows for very reasonable prices, at least compared to Hoyt, Mathews and BowTech, and they have several models that have plenty of draw length for you. I had a Jaguar that I liked really well at 33" draw.

PSE also has a selection of 31" draw bows at prices that won't send you to the poor house.

And there is always the option of holding off until after Christmas and seeing what clearance prices get stuck on this year's models while they're getting ready to stock next year's bows.