HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DE Archery Season Opener
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Duckmastor2

Default RE: DE Archery Season Opener

Went to the public land on Saturday. Heard one go by at 1st light but never saw it. Saw one sneak between my stand and the one across the way at 6:35. It wasnt running but you could tell it was in "get outta dodge" mode. About 8:25 a doe and 2 fawns came running by. Some leaving must have pushed them. They came by about 30 yds but never stopped running. I was back at the truck by 9am. Everyone else had left.

Time to get on my soap box again. I arrived at the sign in board at 4:30am. I have to drive by the parking area so I could see that no one was there yet. But, mysteriously there were 3 stands signed out. All the same had writing. Same sh#t was happening last year. There must be a local guy thats swinging by the night before reserving stands for himself and buddies so they can sleep in and still be assured a spot. The rules clearly state that you must go to your hunting area directly after signing in and remove your tag after you leave the area. They didnt remove their tags from the board either. On tuesday I'm going to report them to the person who runs the area. Its not fair to people like myself who live an hour away, who get up at 3am to make sure we get a spot. Thats the point of 'first come, first served'. I was hoping they would still be out when I came back so I could get their truck tag # but oh well. At least I can let Fish and Game know whats going on and whot to look for.