HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY RIFLE BILL IN EFFECT. UPDATE !!!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
doughboysigep
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY RIFLE BILL IN EFFECT. UPDATE !!!

rwalter - why do you NEED a rifle. If your trusty 870 was fine in the past it should be fine now. I don't think everyone needs to go out and buy rifles just because we can hunt with them now. I really didn't think that those without rifles would switch (maybe I was wrong). btw - i like the .270

as for posting - what makes the fact that some will have rifles afield any different than before to make people feel they have to post their property??? A hunter is a hunter (good or poor) regardless of the weapon he carries. are people going to stay off state land now??? I knwo I am concious of shots around me (shotgun or rifle) and tend to make sure I am behind something when I hear close shots. Just how I am (not scared, just playing it safe). just wondering

as for my plans with the new law (i was never a big proponent of it, but wasn't a big detractor either) - It gives me a great opportunity to use my .44mag winchester carbine (ballistically similar to a shotgun) that I haven't used for quite some time. I will also be taking my .270 with me to camp, just in case I want to take it out. I will still have and use my shotgun(s) too