HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WV Hunters
Thread: WV Hunters
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV Hunters

Dam, Rem1100,

how long you think there would be good bucks down in the bow only counties if the opened up rifle season. About 3 days?

I've never been down there to hunt and yet I think that it's nice that anybody in WV could go there and have a chance at a good buck. Who knows, maybe the coal companies (or whoever) that allow all the bowhunters on there might have second thoughts about gun hunters and prohibit them (just a thought)

It sounded like in most of your posts that you were for more restrictions to develop/maintain a healthy deer herd and now you say
time to open 'er up... let THEM get a fill of what the rest of the counties face. They have the monster bucks, open the gates... shoulda been opened years ago.
sounds like you are a litte sour

I hope the DNR doesn't cave in. It's one of the few things they've got right in WV.

Another probelm:
All deer (animals) are trophies. it's just too bad that many in WV are more concerned with "getting their buck" no matter if it's a scrag 3 pt instead of trying to realize the potential that could happen with a little patience and temporary self denial and the dnr doesn't have cojones to develop policy to enrich hunting opportunity for everyone. The DNR has to start thinking "outside the box" when it comes to the hunting resources throughout the state and learn how to develop them to enrich the lives of it citizens and provide some opportunity for visiting hunters.

ex. Why is it necessary to be able to kill so many bucks? 2 with a bow, 2 with a gun, 1 with a M/L. I myself would rather have opportunities at bigger deer, but not be able to kill as many. If you don't have the "fortitude" to "pass" on the smaller bucks (which I don't always), that's fine, but you should have to stop killing after 1 or 2. And if you want to keep hunting, then "DON'T SHOOT".

sorry if I'm rambling. I'll stop now