HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Trembow

Default RE: Official Team 22 Thread

Hey nice logo

47 loooooooooooooong days and counting!

So for Trae, and anyone else interested, I built a couple of game cams using the plans I got from Jesse's Hunting Page.
The basic parts are simple:
PIR sensor ($8 light kit at Walmart)
A Canon Owl camera ($30 (or less maybe now)on ebay)
An ammo can (5$ from sportsmans guide or at a surplus store)
Some glass or photo filter lenses (free to $20)
A relay, a couple switches, a couple resistors, leds and diodes, a couple connectors. ($20 altogether)
Glue, hook up wire, soldering iron, solder

THe trick is to first modify the sensor according to the plans, then get it to turn on your led. Then wire the camera to the sensor (using a connector if you're smart along with an on/off switch and attach/insert/arrange it all in the ammo can. It's not hard, but it can be frustrating. I started simple with my first camera and luckily chose an easy sensor (Radio SHack model, curently discontinued [:@] ) My "new and improved" model is too sensitive and takes too many pictures. My last roll had 18 pictures of one fawn taken all in one minute, plus the buck I posted pictures of the other day.

I've made three attempts at a counter / delay circuit all to no avail. Either I get it wrong altogether or I screw it up[:@] Good thing I gave up being an electrical engineer eh?[8D]