HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - accuracy of centerfire rifles.....be honest now
Old 08-30-2005, 02:42 PM
StrutnBPS

Default RE: accuracy of centerfire rifles.....be honest now

Finally Mark, I knew you had some good knowledge in you.

I agree with you 100% on that one. BUT one thing that you need to realize is that these celeb "Hunters" are hunting on the best land money can lease/buy, shooting the best bows/rifles their sponsors make.

I made a post on this subject on another forum that I am a member of also. Think about this.....how many deer hunting tv shows can you remember that you have seen recently that wasn't shot in IL, TX, Iowa, or Kansas? If you watched the deer hunting shows, you would think there were no deer in any other states. I know that this area produces the biggest bucks, but is that what hunting is about? To go to a place where the common deer is 160'' and walk around like cattle? I mean, come on, I could even go to those states on their land and kill monster bucks. I would like to see some of them come to SC and shoot a 160'' class deer. We have them, but not walking around like cattle. you have to actually HUNT them.

So what I am getting at is that people have "false idols". One of my biggest HUNTING idols is my uncle. I have seen him hunt places that no would else could get results and he kill wall hangers. He is a guy that doesn't own the most expensive rifle/bow/gun, doesn't hunt on the best land in the grain belt, but still produces record book deer year after year. Is it luck? Maybe. But it is funny that most of these tv "hunters" have to travel to the "deer cattle" states to make the record books.