HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Allegiance Speeds
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Allegiance Speeds

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

I've got the same release and I pull mostly with the wrist strap.
For some reason I thought I heard that you weren't supposed to rely on the wrist strap while drawing? Am I wrong on this?

It took me some time to get used to this release, but I really like it. My previous problems with punching the trigger are virtually none existant and I seem to be able to hold a lot steadier on the target. My only real worry is how well I'm going to shoot with hunting gloves on, and how well I'm going to anchor with a facemask on. Within the next week I plan on diggin out some gear to shoot in and putting on some broadheads as well. Just over a month until the opener here and I want to make sure I'm dialed in 100%.

and Matt - you're absolutely right about the slicing and dicing machine. I have a feeling there are going to be a few Stingers zipping through a couple IL deer this fall, courtesy of this new setup. I also forgot to mention I've got a set of Sims Ultra Limbsavers, a ginormous peep sight w/rubber tube (I hate that thing - it needs to go bye bye), 2 tied in nocks, and a fairly large string loop as well.