HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullet/load questions...
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 10:04 AM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bullet/load questions...

Eldeguello,

I really do appreciate your advice, but there is really no reason to SHOUT! I forgot to mention that this is not my first muzzleloader (I've owned both a T/C Hawken and I this Knight will retire my Traditions Buckhunter). I ask these questions because I have little experience with sabots since the only bullet I found to shoot with my expected level of accuracy in the Traditions was a Hornady Great Plains 460gr conical. The T/C mostly shot round ball. I know for a fact that the Great Plains conicals WILL train wreck a whitetail at short to moderate ranges, but the Knight manual specifically warns against conicals and I want to select a projectile that matches the performance of the Knight.

Mark,

I looked at your before and after pics of the XTended range bullet, and have to say that they expand much better than I expected. Do you have any problems loading the pure lead bullets without deforming them. I experimented with the PR Keith nose .45 sabots with my Traditions some time ago, and found them to be so hard to load, even with a clean bore, that the nose of the bullet was always deformed by the time the bullet was seated destroying accuracy.

Thanks again,

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member