HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - couple questions, please help
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 08:34 AM
savedbygrace

Default couple questions, please help

I have several questions I was wanting to ask you long time shooters. Please bear with me in my post being long, I've only been shooing for about 10 months and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I primarily bowhunt, but I am starting to shoot in a few tournaments.
#1. Is it better (or does it even matter or not) to shoot with one eye or both eyes open?
#2. When you aim your pin at your target, do you focus on your target (which will cause your pin to be blurry) or do you focus on your pin (which will cause your target to be blurry)?
#3. I have tuned my bow, but I'm still working on bettering myshooting skills. I knowone problem I have is that my "wing span" of my arms measures my drawlenghtat 26 inchs, but my bow (03' tomkat) only goes to a 27inch draw length. So i know that can cause problems with my form which leads to problems with accuracy. Here's the question, Is there any way to MAKE SURE your pins are set correctly other than me sighting them in my self. The reason I ask this, is that some days I shoot and I hit really good, other days I dont do so well. I'm not sure if overall my pins are not set correctly or if its shooter error. When I sight in my rifle, I put it on a shooting rest to firmly hold it in place, then I adjust knobs for elevation and left to right movement until the crosshairs are on the bullseye. all I have to do then is just pull the trigger because the rest will properly hold it in place and my human errors such as jerking or moving are taken out of the equation so I know my rifle is on. I didnt know if there was a way to make sure your pins are on by taking human error (a.k.a not so perfect form) out of the equation. I'm mainly concerened about this when I start shooting in tournaments. Sorry I'm so longwinded I just have alot to learn and need all the advice I can get. Any comments would GREATLY be appreciated. Thanks