HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:00 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS?

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

Nice overview Jeff. I like seeing new manufacturers coming out with slight variations on what's out there
EDIT: From my limited experience I would say this is more like attention to the small design details that make visible positive differences, than slight variations The difference in QC/Detail alone should make the big boys pretty damn ashamed

Although I must say I detest locking limb pockets. They add nothing to a bow's shootability, yet up the cost and unneccessarily complicate things. Too gimicky for me.
Personally I prefer them, but agreed it's not a necessity. Butfor those that shoot with the limb backed out, it makes for a quieter bow and more secure limb mounting. I've seen plenty of bows w/ standard pocket designs that when backed out the limb/s gets cock-eyed.

Is the draw stop the type that hits the limb, or is it one where the cam hits the cable?
No limb stop..bottoming out in the module track stops it. Normally this would bug me on asingle cam, but due to the insensitivity of the valley/wall, It's not an issue for me w/ this particular bow.