HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial

I mean come on, do you really think everyone in the scent containment industry is a scam artist?
The ones saying you can reactivate (or regenerate) activated carbon in a clothes dryer are certainly scaming people.

I will be glad to talk science with you too.. Regeneration of carbon clothing does not take high intense heats...YES reactivation does... but not regeneration...
There is no such thing as partial reactivation. You either get actvated carbon hot enough to break the bonds of adsorbtion or you don't. The temps needed are so hot that not only would it incinerate a cloth suit but the carbon itself would burn up if the process wasn't done inside speciallized industrial heating units that maintain an almost zero oxygen atmosphere during the process. A process called pyrolysis. If you want my credentials on the subject I'll be glad to give them to you.

Scent lok admitted they did their customers a disservice by phrasing their product as being reactivated. Instead they should have used regeneration.
So they have admitted they lied one time and now you are going to believe the new improved modified lie? What's that old saying about fool me once, fool me twice?

Deer and Deer hunting did a nice article on it in the June 2005 issue..
Modern hunting magazines are (with only the rare exception) complete shills of the hunting industry in this country. 90 percent of their articles are nothing more than extended advertisements for some product. As proof of this, quote me the last time D&D hunting ran an article trashing a new product. Point out the last time they reviewed a new bow, new ammmunitionor a new gun and said, "For Gods sake don't buy this piece of s###!" Thephrase "NEVER HAPPENED NEVER WILL" mean anything to you? Scent suit companies advertise in their magazine. Do you seriously think they are going to bite one of the hands that feed them?

when I first started wearing scent lok, and paying close attention to detail involving scent minimization..

Pay close attention to the above statement because it's important. It reminds me of these advertisements for these amazing weight loss pills that cost 150 dollars a bottle. Just take "Fatblaster 1000" everyday, jog 2 miles and eat a sensible diet and this amazing new pill will melt the pounds away. Doesn't take a genius to see that it's really the diet and exercise thats melting the fat away. But thedrugmakers know that anyone serious enough about weight loss to pay 150 dollars a bottle for adiet pill is probably someone serious enough to stay on a diet and exercise program. And yet their worthless pill gets the credit.

It's the same with scentblocker suits. Anybody serious enough about scent containment to shell out 300 bucks for a single shirt and pants set is more than likely someone serious enough to do everything else possible to minimize their scent. Yet just like in my first example the worthlessmiracle productgets the credit.