HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bulls are a callin already!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Hemi

Default RE: Bulls are a callin already!!!!

Shato,

My posting on here is pretty irregular due to the fact that I work out of town durring the week. Im home only Fri nights to mon mornings...........anyhow did not see any fresh rubs in 30 miles of riding last weekend.. HOWEVER!!!!! I called in a big 6x6 last night a couple miles from the house that was partially rubbed out so things are coming along great!...Moon was bright last night and I snuck up toa piece of private land that I have access to hunt. Large alfalfa fields flanked by heavy dark timber draws that drop up to 2500' in elevation etc...Im using the primos blue double reed mouth reed and a thunder bugle tube. Barely got my bugle out and he was on it from across the field. He did not hang up at all.... wind was in my favour and he walked in to approx. 45 yards of me....I could count his points and see that he was a good bull starting to rub out. I watched him for 15 min until he left so as not to spook him... could hear approx 4 other bulls bugleing in the valley!

Will be taking out my young colt this evening to scout some more....will keep you guys posted if your interested........

Its hard to be focused on my upcoming Bighorn hunt when these elk are rippin up the turf!!!