HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scientists Gone Wild
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 09:31 AM
WindsorArcher

Default RE: Scientists Gone Wild

Amazing, isn't it? First, these so-called scientists and 'environmentalists' bemoan the (mostly unintended) introduction of exotic species - because they devestate an ecosystem that is not evolved to handle them. Witness the zebra mussel, purple loosestrife, snakehead fish, the toads in Australia, etc. etc. The list can go on for a long time. Now, we're going to completely and intentionally screw the whole world up!

I read a similar article in the papers over here in Canada, about introducing African and Asian elephants and lions and tigers to the Canadian Prairies. I laughed my ass off when I read it. All those animals will do great for one summer; and then they'll all die in the winter. Makes ya wonder what these "scientists" are smoking, and if they've ever spent even one day outdoors away from their cities.

And since when did cheetahs ever roam North America? More revisionist thinking, and now it's from "scientists". The whole thing smacks of PETA and ALF's disturbed thought processes, if you ask me.