HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 06:09 AM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

Can not answer your question but I know first hand how you feel.I am 64 have had a by-pass because of an anurysm in my stomach that cut the blood supply off to my legs,can walk now good but not able to go like I used too,Had a bad heart attack 3 years ago at home by myself and survied that.I live by my self and so far still have friends because I can still take care of myself,but as I get older and more disability I know that the friends will drop off one by one.Seen it happen to many times.
The reason I know this is that my wife had a cebrel anyursym 14 years ago,she has been in a nursing home the last 5 years.I have watched as her friends and even her family (all are dead now except one sister,she has been to see her 3or4 times in the last 14 yrs because she says she don't want to see her in her condition)And my family used to come see her regular but (have a big family all living except my Dad)none of them has been to see her in years.Some times I will meet one of her old friends and they ask how is Judy doing,I don't say anything but feel like saying ,she was your friend why don't you go see her and find out.
My heart goes out to any one with disabilities.And friendship to me isn't based on yours or my disabilities,its based on being Friends.I feel honorard to be called friend.
I don't live close enough to any of you that we could go hunting or fishing together,if I did one of us might die on the other but I guantee we would have a good time up to that time if it did happen.
Wish ALL the BEST