HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - August American Rifleman magizane Artical
Old 08-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: August American Rifleman magizane Artical

That would be a bit different then I guess. I'm not a lawyer so I couldn't say for sure. It all depends on what they signed before they got hired. If you agreed to it you would probably be screwed I guess. Also there are plenty of public places where you cannot carry a weapon even if you have a permit. Most of them as a matter fact, all they have to do is post it. So I don't think you would have much of a case if it went to court. Just because you have a permit it doesn't make it legal to take it anywhere you want. That is why most don't bother with it. I thought about getting one in MI and the local gun store said don't waste my time or money. There are very few places you can actually have them so it just becomes a pain in the butt and really doesn't do you any good. I don't think this is the same thing as having a hunting weapon in your vehicle though.

Actually if you read the gun laws for MI it states you cannot drive around with a handgun in your vehicle, even if it is in a locked gun case in the trunk. This applies to a pellet gun as well. In order to have a handgun in your vehicle you need to have a permit or be on the way to or from a shooting facility or gunsmith. I doubt it is a law they enforce too strictly. It's ok for a rifle though from what I can tell.

I was a security guard for a glass factory once that did not allow tabaco on the property, not just in the plant. I saw them fire a guy for having a smoke in his car during a break. I thought that was a bit extreme.They told me to tell the trucks when they came in the tabaco policy as well. I don't see how you can tell a truck driver what they can and can't have in thier truck as long as it is legal. I don't think it is the same thing as a car, it's more like a home in some cases. Didn't make much sense to me.

Paul