HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - August American Rifleman magizane Artical
Old 08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: August American Rifleman magizane Artical

It is thier property, they can say what you can have on it or not. If it is stated in your employee handbook that you can't have a fire arm on the property then you can't do it. It is that simple. You are not allowed to have one on government property at all. It is the same thing as having a concealed carry permit but not being able to carry in certain places.

With as many incidents as we have with people going postal and going into the work place or schools armed I can't say that I blame them. Do I agree with them, no, but it is thier right. If you don't like the policy don't work there. I can't think of a place I have worked at that allowed firearms on the property. We still did it, especially if you hunt. You just don't get them out and wave them around in the parking lot after work.

I would like to know exactly what happened in that case before I pass judgement on it. There may be more to it. What it boils down to though is if they were told they could not have firearms on the property and did it any way then they were fired legally. Is what I want to know is how the company knew? Did they have the weapons out in plain sight, or did they conduct some sort of search that may not have been legal.

Paul