HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C Omega Camo Thumbhole
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 02:08 PM
jyski

Default T/C Omega Camo Thumbhole

After an agonizing few months of waiting I just shot my new T/C All Camo Thumbhole Omega and what a difference from my CVA Flintlock !! I went all out on this one with the Camo Nikon scope, Camo Rings and even shipped the Ramrod, sling swivelsand scope base out for a matching camo dipping. Just need to get the thimbles sent out now that I've got it. Maybe after this season is over.....She's a sweet looking gun !!! Anyway, need some opinions

Started sightin in with100 gr 777 pellets - and the 5 - 250 gr shockwaves that came with it and got a real consistentvertical pattern while adjusting windage on the scope. Shot all 5 free Shockwaves and then started using 245 gr Powerbelts that I had bought a head of time. Shot some more to get the scope dialed in at 50 and finally shot a group that a quarter would cover - at least on the 1st 2 shots. I shot 3times and 2 were dead on and 1 flew high left. Cleaning after every shot with a No.13 wet patch and a couple dry patches. So I shot 3 more and the same thing....2 shot great and 1 shot high left impacting in the exact same places. At this point I can say that I ruled out me pulling or flinching or anything like that but then I did a little looking and thinking and noticed that the plastic base on the Powerbelts was tapered towards the bottom of the bullet. So I took the Powerbelt and set it on top ofa 777 pellet and noticed that it sort of swivels on top of the pellet a little. Obviously it is in a much more confined space when actually loaded in the barrel and has very little movement but I took the sleeve from one of the shockwaves I shot and noticed that the Shockwave sleeve has a couple of lines inside the hollow section that meets to the bottom of the bullet. I put that sleeve on a 777 pellet and noticed that it seated much more securely and reliably when it seats against that line inside the sleeve. Has anyone else noticed this with the Powerbelts or has questioned this as being a potential issue with accuracy? It seems the Powerbelts produce abit more fouling but are easier to load than the shockwaves. Right now Im leaning towards the shockwaves but before I rule out the Powerbelts I just want some opinions on using themand if there are any tricks in loading them comparatively. Thanks