HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 08:30 AM
TomFromTheShade

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

I know that it can be tough hanging out with people who are sick, because it can be depressing, but you know what? The fact is that when you have loved ones on this earth, there is not enough time to spend with them. I lost my grandmother last spring to Alzheimer's disease. She slowly deteriorated over a period of about ten years, and most of my family just kind of forgot about her. It was almost like she was already dead. I tried to spend as much time with her as I could, because underneath all of the exterior problems the woman that I loved was still in there. The woman who made me cookies, and changed my diapers, and put band aids on my knee, and who practically was a second mother to me was still there, she just wasn't as healthy as she once was. Does that mean that I should stop caring? Would she have stopped caring about me? I don't think so! When I lost my father it was a different story. My father went just about as fast as a man can go. He seemed healthy until the day he died. I went to see him after work one night and I found him dead on his dining room floor. He must've just gone straight down after having a massive heart attack and that was that. There were some little things around him that would've been disturbedif he had been struggling at all, but there was no struggle. He just laid down and didn't get back up. I ask myself, was there anything that I would've liked to tell him before he died? Yeah, I would've maybe liked to say that I loved him, which as grown men I'm sure that a lot of us don't say to our fathers enough. I was lucky enough to have a great relationship with my father. We talked every day and I spent a lot of time with him. If he had lived through his heart attack and he was layed up sick would I have stopped seeing him as much or stopped talking to him every day? I don't think so. People need to realize that just because someone isn't as healthy as God may or may not have blessed you to be that you don't have to change the way you talk to them, and that people are going to go when they are going to go and there isn't sh** you can do about it. You just have to make the most of your friendship, and you have to enjoy your time while you're here. I am a firm believer that in the end we will be together again, but its nice to know that you made the most of your time here.