HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:27 AM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial

I wear both. I bought the X-Scent last year at Cabelas when it first came out. Although I never did buy the socks.

It seemed to work great for me. I was never snorted at last season. Was I ever winded that I didn't know about?? That I cannot answer. I can also tell you I shot a mature buck directly down wind last year. Does that prove it works? No, but it proves he didn't smell me for what ever reason though.

But, I also agree with the if you don't start out with scent free showers with scent free deodrant and powders everytime out there is no point to use Scent Lok and X-Scent.

I also wear Gore-Tex (Cabela's MT050 Gore-Tex Scent Lok) and I do believeGore-Tex helps keep scent down as well in windy weather.

Without Gore-Tex the wind can and will cut right through your layers and blow your scent right through your clothes and all over the woods. Gore-Tex does not allow any wind to cut through and I believe really helps keep your scent down. And no I have no scientific study to prove this..

With the Gore-Tex, Scent Lok, X- Scent, Scent Killer spraysand strict scent free showering practicesI believe it really bumps the favorto you the hunterin the human scent game.

A little long winded but figured I would throw my thoughts and experiences out there