HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade Scent-Killer: Anyone Used It?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 05:51 PM
lswoody
Fork Horn

Default RE: Homemade Scent-Killer: Anyone Used It?

The stuff in the brown bottle works just fine. With all the stuff mixed together and left to sit a day or 2, the smell is no problem. In fact, if you get the peroxide that is the pure stuff you have to dilute it. If you don't dilute it enough, it can burn your skin. Plus I think the only way you can buy it is in bulk form. The brown bottle at Walmart is super cheap. I think I made over a gallon for around $3? Maybe less. I still got alot of it left. I believe i used just over 2 quarts last year. Also, don't put it in a clear bottle. From what I've read the light can break it down and make less effective. Don't know if that's true. I keep my extra in a 1.5 gallon white plastic bucket with the lid on itunder neath my sink in the bathroom. And next to that is where I keep the full pump bottles of it. Be sure when you mix it all together and let it sit for a day or so that you don't seal up the lid. Keep it cracked. If you don't the mixture of the baking soda and the peroxide causes pressure to build and can blow the lid off and make a mess. After A day or so of sitting, it is safe to pour it in your pump bottles and not have to worry about them blowing up. BTW, it does work!!!!
Scott Woody