HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bulls are a callin already!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:18 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bulls are a calling already!!!!

ShatoDavis

titleAndStar(250,0,0,false,"","")
Rack Buck

[align=center][/align]
Its amazing the knowledge that can be gleened from this site. I never knew that cows could bugle, interesting. I wish I lived closer to the mountains so I could spend the time to understand these beautiful creatures. Thanks for the info, and keep it coming.

"Well, If'n I had me a horse pistol like that.... I wouldn't be afraid of no bogger man." Rooster Cogburn

Shato, I know what you mean, I wish they lived in my back yard so I could watch and learn from them everyday. They are such beautiful and majestic animals, IMO they symbolize all that the west and the rocky mountains stand for. I love Dwight Schuh's (well known author and bowhunter)quote "Elk, perhaps more than any other big gameanimal, truly symbolize wilderness values, and it's the wilderness expedition that most hunters dream about." I don't think it can be said any better, also since this thread is about bugling bulls I love the quote by Ed Wolff "In my opinion there is one sound that typifies wildness, a sound that stirs contemporary man's primitive instincts and makes an outdoor experience rich. Its the deep, guttural roar of a herd bull elk rising from the dark of a north-facing lodgepole jungle." Again I only quote because I don't think it can be said any better. I always say any man who thinks he has learned it all about elk and elk hunting is a fool and come elk season, theelk will make and prove him a fool to all. I try to learn as much as I can every yearbeing in the outdoors, the elk's classroom. When I am not out in the woods I try to learn from others because after all education is the exchange of ideas. No way can one person learn it all! But if we put our heads together and format a plan,we can learn to sometimes beat the elk at there own game and the odds and take home some good tasting meat. But if we loose and most of the time we often do, in my opinion we still come out of the woods a better man or woman for the experience shared with friends and family with elk and elk country.