HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with people?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 09:07 AM
ccm352

Default RE: Whats wrong with people?

I hate people who act like that.. My dad lost his leg, from the knee down, to diabetes in august2002. He was bummed out with the thought of never hunting again. The dr told him about a prosthesis and he would be able to walk again. That lifted his spirits. In november of that year we went deer hunting> he still didnt have his leg yet. He crawled up the side of the mountain in snow about 200 yards and set himself up. He loved to be in the woods. I know this isnt as dramatic as most of you guys but it is a disability none the less. He used to tell everyone after he lost his leg that he was a foot shorter. He had a great sense of humor. Well during that time I lost my mom to cancer (11/02) and he just couldnt get over that hurdle. The diabetes took over and he lost the battle and had either a heart attack or stroke in 4/04. 1dahunter.. if you ever see eastern PA.. send me a PM.. I ll get you in the woods to hunt something. My dad said if he had a heart attack dragging a deer from the woods or chasing turkeysand died from it he would be a happy man.