HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back from Lake Ochachobee
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back from Lake Ochachobee

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Is the lake calm enough to fish with a 10 foot jon boat. I don't live to far from there. Sorry about that cheap rotted line. 17lb test should catch anything in Florida. Did you have a guide with you? Or did you just fish any old where. I may plan a trip down there. Was it very crowed?
Thanks Chuck
Chuck, we went outon Monday after hurricane Dennis(?) terroized the west side of fla.,so we didn't have no people pressure at all. Just 95 degree temps. With a 10ft jon boat I would not recommend going out to the lake but maybefish along the Rim Canal, its a canal that goes along the outside perimeter of the lake. Due to its easy access it gets a lot of pressure. We didn't have no guide but gathered topo mapps of the lake and try to find some clean water. The winds from the hurricanes had the water really stained and tainted. In knowing this I used a cream worm with two plastic bb's for sound to attract bass. It worked great. I would put in at Moorehaven next time because fishing down in Clewiston you have to be back through the locks at about 6:00 pm. If you can get to the outside cuts leading into the lake is the most productive. Sad part about it is , I lost some nice ones. Good luck.
Bobby