HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A few questions
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A few questions

Alaska Bowhunting Supply, 3 Rivers and Kustom King all have broadhead holsters that tie onto the top limb with a leather thong but they don't have the clip like the Ace in the Hole does. You stick your arrowhead into the holster and grip the shaft and bow handle together as you carry it. ABS and KK each have one for 2-blade heads, 3 Rivers has both a 2-blade and a 3-blade version.

Are tabs better than gloves? Well... Sometimes I shoot better with a tab, sometimes I shoot better with a glove. The Olympic archers only use tabs, so take that for whatever meaning you want. I prefer a glove for hunting though. It's always ready to go. Nothing like fumbling around with a tab when I need to get off a quick shot.[:@]

I haven't hunted with cedar arrows in years. It's gotten hard to get cedars long enough for broadheads at my draw length. I like how they shoot though. Seems wood arrows have a softer feel on the shot and are quieter than aluminum or carbon/fiberglass. arrows.

Make your sanding jig and taper away. It works great, much better than pencil sharpener type tapering tools, IMO.