HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is a good .243 powder?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:00 AM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is a good .243 powder?

I use H4831 for the 100 gr bullet in a rem classic 243.Works wonders using a rem 100 gr core-loc.
First off I got this load out of an older reloading manuel that gave 46 grs as max,I check a up to date hodgens manuel and they have dropped it down to 42 gr max. So if you try it be sure and work up.
Tried this load in 4 different rifles and it shot well below an inch @100 yds. in all 4,one was a tinka,rem classic and rem adl and a savage
The savage I didn't know the fellow he was at the range and shooting factory rounds so I let him shoot a 3 shot group and he put 2 in the same hole and one 1/2 inch to the right.Shot several one hole groups with the tinka and my rem classic,even one group at 300 with the classic that measured 1/2 in.Only shot 2 groups with the adl and both were less than an inch.
Now there is one draw back with this load it only shot the small groups using the rem core-loc,tried
speer and seirra and they shot well but not the tiny groups like the rem.The top group is with a sierra 85 gr bthp and the bottom group is the 100 core-loc.