HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbows in Virginia???
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: Crossbows in Virginia???

actually yes i am lol. we have a huge problem in this area of central va with night hunting. also from info i have recieved from the game wardens in my area around my farm this law was passed to up the effort on population control of the deer but this is the wrong way to go about it. the only way we are going to control the massive numbers of deer here is to run the next couple years as doe only. i know alot of people would be against it but the facts are the facts. if you have 20 does and 20 bucks in an area and you kill 19 bucks, those 20 does will still get bred by that last buck. there are only a few counties in va that open does all season like here in fauqier county and they should do it all over the state. also we have a long season which goes from sept 1st to march if you include the early and late archery seasons.

Well I would have to voice my disagrement with Virginians being less superior than others.. if you have a self image and confidence problem then speak for yourself and be sure to only speak for yourself....

Now to the part of your qoute where in all your knowledge you are telling people that you have a deer season that runs from sept 1st to march in Fauqier well you once again should think before you speak or atleast check regulations...

September 17-30, 2005 and January 9-March 25, 2006 within the incorporated limits of the cities of Colonial Heights, Emporia, Franklin, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Radford, Richmond, and Winchester, and the towns of Altavista, Amherst, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Farmville, Independence, Rocky Mount, Tazewell, West Point and in Fairfax County. This season is open only in the localities just named. Restrictions and other information specific to each participating locality follow below. During this season only antlerless deer may be taken.
That is straight from the VDGIF webpage... Well it apears that if you were to start bowhunting anywhere in Va (other than if you had a damage permit) on Sept 1st, well you my friend are poaching.... On top of that if you do happen to follow the actaul start date of Urban season(Sept 17th) wihle hunting in Fauqier well... you are still poaching.... I believe that the first day you can legally hutn deer with any weapon in season in Fauqier would be Oct 1st.... while I myself feel that the opening day of archery season can not get here quick enough I suggest that you check you regs for the county you hunt in or maybe you will be the one caught poaching.... One statement is correct that you can legally harvest does all season long......

Just thought I would poitn these out to you ... wouldnt want you to get caught hunting out of season.. I mean we are less superior so I guess we need to help each other out!!!