HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 270...elk cartridge?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 06:02 AM
Buckshot
Typical Buck

Default RE: 270...elk cartridge?

On the other hand, it has been my observation that just about any time I've seen you show up on athreadthe nature of the discussionrather quickly departs from the particular merits ofone viewpoint or anotherandquicklytakes a turn towardspersonal attacks, $hit-kicking, slapstick commentary and other mindless drivel --- soooo no thanks I need to keep the manure off of my shoes.
Personal attack? really? I never once stooped to personally attacking you. What I did say is that I find if very hard to believe that you have had any experince with premium bullets. Everything you say about .270 class weapons seems to be based on 1970s ish load data.Either that or youve been hunting with a bunch of guys thateither cant shoot, orare taking low percentage shoots.Didnt youonce say that you considered the 7mm RM a250 yard elk gun at best? ROTFLMAO. Step into the 21st century, embrace the modern technology.. Not once have you refuted anything James B or myself for that matter have said when it comes to being able to drive a barnes bullet thru the shoulders at resonable ranges (within 400 yards). I guess if you cant dazzle them with brillance, you baffle them with B.S. As coming and going, heck Ive been reading this and the other posts with great interests, if James B. wasnt doing such a good job rebutting the mindless dribble your putting forth Id post more often. But I see no reason to kick you when James gets done knocking you to the ground.One of the problems I have is you seem to think thebig bore magnums have some kind of magically power when it comes to killing game. What was your one saying? oh yeah Any angle, any time? Puuuuuhhlezzzze, so youd reccomend the texas heart shot? how about head on with the low slung head? Heck I wouldnt take those shots at a whitetail much less an elk.

Didn't tell anyone to not use a 270.
What I did say was not to recommend it unconditionally
Oh you did too, didnt you start the thread .270 No Way? if that isnt telling someone not to use it, then I dont know what is.