HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to adjust nock point without tools?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:28 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How to adjust nock point without tools?

Tiller is the distance from the riser top and bottom, usually measured from where the limb pockets meet the riser, to a straight line between the two axels. This is adjusted by loosening or tightening one limb bolt or the other. It is not really a necessary thing to do. In fact I have never once tuned my bow by adjusting the tiller because I shoot my bow with the limbs bottomed out at the maximum poundage. If you shoot your bow with the limbs set to a lower poundage then this is a worth while measurement to take and make even on top and bottom.

It is not advisable to do this to simply move your nocking point as it can cause more harm than good.

You can get a good set of nocking pliers from just about any pro shop or even Walmart sometimes has them during the hunting season. If not take it to a pro shop and have them move it for you. It is very easy to cut your serving with the wrong tools then you got another problem.