HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sako75 or Wby accumark
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 07:26 PM
RedAllison

Default RE: Sako75 or Wby accumark

The "seating 9 small lugs evenly is impossible" topic is always brought up to discredit the Mark V action. But the action is STILL universally praised for its great strength. How many people can honestly say they have seen a MK V action fail?

I own both actions in question and there is no question that the Sako is THE smoother of the two. (Personally I think the only action smoother than the Sako is the 202 Sauer, it even makes the 75 feel like a 700ADL ). As for scopemounts, the Mk V (non-lightweight) are the exact same fit as any Rem 700 and will take them likewise. So your choices there are practically unlimited. As was said, Talley and Optilock are about all you will find anymore in my gunsafe. The few Leupold sets I have left are ALL dual dovetails. As long as a system has ANYTHING but simple windage screws holding the rear rings too the base, it is probably a decent setup.

IMHO the 75 is a hunting rifle and very usable. The Accumark is more a treestand rifle due too its size and weight if you ask me. But EITHER are very fine rifles and will shoot well and certainly kill like lightning,
RA